Waiver & Release
I, the parent / guardian of the registrant, a minor, agree that the registrant and I will abide by the rules of College Hockey Showcases, LLC, and it’s affiliated organizations and sponsors. Recognizing the possibility of physical injury, associated with ice hockey and in consideration for the College Hockey Showcases, LLC accepting the registrant for its ice hockey programs and activities, I hereby release, discharge and/or otherwise indemnify College Hockey Showcases, LLC all Board members, coaches, its affiliates, organizations and sponsors, their employees and associated personnel, including the owners of the facilities used for the programs, against any claims by or on behalf of the registrants as a result of the registrant’s participation in the programs and/or transportation to or from the same, which transportation I hereby authorize.Participant acknowledges and agrees to the following assumption of risk,
release of liability and waiver of claims, in consideration for permission
to participate in College Hockey Showcases, LLC’s events and activities:
1. Participant acknowledges that participating in the College Hockey Showcases, LLC event carries with it the potential risk of injury, and as such Participant assumes the risk of such possible injury. The participant assumes financial and legal responsibility for any injury or injuries suffered during participation in the event. The participant is aware of the risks and assumes the risk and responsibility of participation in this sporting event.
2. Participation in the event involves a risk of exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19 and any variants thereof as well as other infectious diseases. As a condition of participating in the event, all Participants agree to comply with the requirements of Newmak New Arena and/or College Hockey Showcases, LLC, including the wearing of face coverings and other protocols given to participants. Failure to comply with COVID-19 protocols may impact participant’s continued eligibility to participate; and
3. THE PARTICIPANT KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUMES ALL RISKS, both known and unknown, associated with injury or medical events related to physical activity in this sporting event and potential exposure to COVID-19. Participant fully understands the risks and assumes full responsibility for participation, or their minor child’s participation; and
4. I, the Participant on my and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS College Hockey Showcases, LLC their officers, officials, agents, and/ or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I grant permission to COLLEGE HOCKEY SHOWCASES, LLC its agents, and its employees the right to produce photographs and video taken of my child, myself, and members of my family while at COLLEGE HOCKEY SHOWCASES, LLC events for any lawful purpose including publication, promotion, illustration and advertising. I hereby release COLLEGE HOCKEY SHOWCASES, LLC and its employees, agents and representatives from liability for any claims relating to mine or my child’s likeness associated with image or video.
Furthermore, I grant permission to use the statements of my child, myself, or my family members given during an interview or evaluation with or without my name for the purpose of advertising and publicity without restriction to time limit or geographic area. I waive my right, my child’s rights, and my family’s rights to any and all compensation stemming from the use of these materials.
All information will be kept confidential, and I authorize that it be provided to NCAA coaches/scouts upon their request. All CHS Showcases are open to any and all entrants limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Player registration cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For player registration cancellations received less than 90 days before the start of the showcase, CHS will retain a $100 administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued for player registration cancellations within 60 days of the start of the event.
- Player registration cancellations due to injuries or illness, with a valid letter from your physician will be handled on case-by-case basis.
- If College Hockey Showcases, LLC. or its event partner cancels an event, all registrants will receive a full refund of fees paid (no administrative fee) no later than 30 days following the scheduled date of the event. All refunds will only be made using the original form of payment. For example, if you registered using a Visa card, any refund will be credited back to that same Visa card. Registrants are responsible for carefully reviewing all event related registration information.
- College Hockey Showcases, LLC is not liable for any expenses incurred for travel or accommodations if an event is cancelled.